GOLDEN PUMPKIN & TRIO EGG CHAWANMUSHI
Serves 4, Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 25 mins
1 century egg
1 raw salted egg
4 normal eggs
Salt to taste
1. Steam pumpkin in Brandt steam oven tilll soft. When softened, drain and dice pumpkin finely.
2. Separate salted egg white and yolk. In a bowl, mix salted egg white, the 4 eggs, salt, and water.
3. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a bowl or plate for steaming
4. Chop up the salted egg yolk and century egg and add to the egg mixture
5. Steam for about 20 - 30mins at 60 degrees with the lid slightly open
6.To test if the chawanmushi is cooked, insert a bamboo skewer into the mixture; if a little clear liquid seeps out, the chawanmushi is cooked!
Recipe courtesy of Palate Sensations Cooking School